*

Friday 17 June 2011

I am friends with a man who shared a bed with an apple.

It's not uncommon to share the same interests as your friends, in fact many would say it's a must in their criteria of choosing friends.
I'm a massive geek when it comes to photography and could talk cameras all day, I love my stage lighting and would happily spend all night rigging lights and programming the desk. Oh and I'm a Norwich City fan, no one supports Norwich unless they have to. The only excuse is if you're a local boy.

So my friends, you suspect, would be either a photographer, a lampie or a city fan. 

But strangely some of my closest friends are neither. One of my closest is Andy, he's a "keen" apple fan. "What is an apple fan"? I hear you ask. Andy works with apples, talks apples and has been known to sleep with an apple by his side. It's so bad that when walking through any major supermarket he has to stop for half an hour judging and commenting on the apple collection.

Another one of  my friends, Michael, is an IT geek. He loves everything to do with computers and in fact a well known in his field (not to be mistaken with Andy's field).

Dan is a trainee pharmacist, and loves watching Glee and other such strange TV programs.

So why are we friends, 4 men with nothing in common? Well we do have one thing in common- we are all Christians and love spending time together. Last year these unlikely friends spent the day climbing Snowdon. No apples, no computers, no drugs and no lights. Just friends and God.
going home!
(From left to Right) Dan, Jason,
Micheal and Andy
Richard (me), Andy, Dan
and Micheal

1 comment: