*

Monday 25 July 2011

Holiday on an estate

Hover to change

Let me tell you about my house.

It's a big countryside house with at least 10 bedrooms. The grounds have orchards, large gardens, wells and even a small wooded area, and all this on the outskirts of a small village in Northamptonshire, with only one (well behaved) neighbour.

As the summer approached I decided I should get away for a while. I've always been a last minute man, so with the help of a few friends on the Sunday we made the decision I should go away on the following Tuesday after work. My place of residency for my trip away, House of Miracles, is also a 10 bedroom house with one large lounge, a golf course (well sort off), and even a piano, situated in a small cul-de-sac on a large housing estate in Northampton Eastern District!

Why? Simply because God told me to!

House of Miracles is a Christian community house where seven adults live together serving God and the local community. I've lived in Christian Community for four years now, but always in the remote countryside with good neighbours. For a long time I've had a vision for living in community on an estate, where it's not uncommon to have neighbours knocking on the door at 10pm asking for a lift or to borrow some sugar.

This really is 24 hours, 7 days a week Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment