*

Tuesday 13 December 2011

From Manor to council estate


Its over- my 3 month sentence at House of Miracles, a community house on a housing estate in Northampton's Eastern District.

I've managed to move house four times in a single year, I think that's good going in anyone's books! From River to Anthem,  from Anthem to House of Miracles, from House of Miracles back to Anthem and finally from Anthem to House of Miracles.

I moved from River Farm, a smaller community house, to Anthem after we outgrew River. We went from an eight bedroom house to a fifteen bedroom house on the edge of small village in Northamptonshire's countryside.

After a few months at Anthem I was asked to go and support a smaller house in Northampton, House of Miracles for a couple of weeks. In total I spent a month at HoM before returning to Anthem with the lads.

I felt I needed to pray about the possibilities of moving to HoM for good. I don't remember a time I've wrestled with God with the decisions He was making for me. I have to admit there was nothing in me that wanted to pack my bags and move from a large comfortable scene to a housing estate. I loved everything about Anthem. I lived with my closest friends and the same bunch of people I've lived with for the last four years and God was telling me to pack my bags and move to an estate where I bareley knew anyone.

I have made similar decisions in the past after hearing from God. Although this was the hardest decision I've had to make for a personal reason I've never felt a stronger calling from God. After speaking with other leaders in the church we decided it was a good idea to go for a further three month trial before making my final choice.

Living in Blackthorn is a completely different community lifestyle to what I'm used to, but I'm getting used to it and starting to enjoy living life with the "rude boys".

Well the 3 months is up and its time to make my final choice.

So the foreseeable future I will be living on the Blackthorn estate in Northampton... well until God asks me to move on. I'm hoping I've got a few years here first and I can't wait to build some of the local lads from the estate into the Church