*

Monday 28 November 2011

Well its been a while

Well its been a while.

In the last two months a lot has happened. I've said goodbye to some close friends, I've made some new friends, changed jobs, moved house and climbed a mountain (well, nearly)!
You may recall a recent post "holiday on an estate", written when I went and stayed in a community house on one of the estates in Northampton. I spent a month on this estate getting to know the locals and the residents and then returned to my house in the country, Anthem. I felt a strong call to pack my bags and move to House of Miracles for good.


I'm now coming to the end of my three month trial, and I'd be the first to admit that it's not been the easiest 3 months; having to get up an extra hour earlier to get to work on time really hurts, and arriving home an hour later too! however, I've made some great new friends; Chris who is one of the other leaders in the house has been a real lifeline. Since he has five years of experience and is of a similar age he has been able to offer some strong advice and has been a good listening ear. I'm pretty sure that I'll be choosing to make the permanent move to House of Miracles.

After the recent Jesus Army Action campaign three lads (all brothers) have decided to move in to one of our community houses, New Creation Farm.

At our recent community weekend we went from 11 in community to 24, more news and photos coming up soon!